Monday, March 4, 2019

3-4-19 US History



6.2.2 World War I - You Make the Read Activity

You Make the Read

Directions:  You Make the Read is a quick activity that emphasizes literacy while learning about course content.  As students read a passage/article, they will write “yes” or “no” questions that focus upon the most important parts of the article.  Take a minute to open the article by following this link.  Read the title and first paragraph, then check out my example.  

Example:  Is this a correct statement?  At no other time in American History did our country experience such a large population growth due to immigration.  No

Please notice, I have answered my question too!  You will make eight questions to complete this this part of the activity.  Do not forget to answer your questions.

After your questions are complete, you need to read them to another student (parent or sibling will work if you are absent).  This will get you ready for the last part, the quiz.

To complete the activity, I will read you eight questions that I have made concerning the article.  You will be able to use your questions to help you answer my questions; however, the article will be collected.  Your score will be based on the number of questions you wrote and the number of my questions you answered correctly.

No comments:

Post a Comment